As a career accelerator, I focus entirely on your interests, challenges, and goals through a co-creative process. I provide you an accountability partner, safe opportunities for meaningful dialogue, new perspectives and expanded options, inspiration and motivation, potential solutions, and next steps. In short: a listening ear asking you the right questions for the benefit of you and only you.
Example cases for busy science researchers that can benefit from my career acceleration services include:
- You are considering to enroll for a Ph.D. and would like to explore future careers. How do you prepare and network for the world outside your current lab?
- You are finishing your Ph.D. and seek career opportunities that fit your interests and life goals. How does your CV stand? Where are the jobs for me? And what is a résumé again?
- You are a postdoc and launched a startup out of your research. How do you handle all the bureaucracy? And all these non-science people? And what is a lean startup anyway?
- You are a junior postdoc and struggle to prepare the next grant application for funding. How do you do this? Is the application good enough? How can you improve it? Does the paper read through?
- You are a senior postdoc and see no future in academia. Now what? Permadoc?
- You are a research manager (team leader, group leader, lab manager, principal investigator) in transition from bench to desk work (and endless meetings). How do you cope efficiently with all these new duties?
- You are a tenure-track faculty member struggling with the new duties while the tenure clock is ticking. How do you use your time efficiently? And how do you organize your work? What about funding?
- You landed in a career outside academia and this move seems to hurt you. What skills do you need to develop? How?
- You want to switch to a new career. Is it possible? How? What does it take?
I can help by being your career accelerator. I am totally neutral: I have no personal interest or agenda but your success and happiness. You can choose to work together on a project basis (fixed agenda with flexible time of completion) or a continuous basis (fixed, regular appointments with flexible agenda).
Our collaboration takes place over the Internet or phone, so you need not spend precious time to commute and meet. But, we can also meet if you like, I love traveling!
The first step to work together is to schedule a complimentary session at a convenient time for you. It’s absolutely free, go ahead and give it a try!