From idea to manuscript
- Honorary fellow in writing at Iowa University, and a scholar of literature of the International Writing Program: August 24–Nov 12, 2013.
- I was selected by the US Embassy in Kuwait to participate in the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), April 2018: Empowering Youth Through the Performing Arts, USA.
- I was selected for a position on the Board of Trustees of the Cultural Circle Prize for the Arabic Short Story (Almultaqa), 2015-2016, the Arab world’s first international award for short story collections in Arabic.
As a book coach, I provide a practical framework for writers to relish in their creative juices and make substantial headway on their writing projects.
OVER 12 SESSIONS, I WILL COACH YOU THROUGH:
- Tracking expansive and limiting desires
- Reflecting on your values and staying connected to you deeper WHYs
- Becoming more strategic as well as resilient by reframing what mistakes and changes mean to you
- Developing a personalized system to help differentiate between helpful and harmful thoughts
- Preparing your work space, and organizing your notes, resources, and drafts
- Breaking down book sections into story beats or poems and adding them to a wholistic calendar
- Creating SMART Goals for your book project (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound)
- Categorizing your To-Do-Lists (Creative, Physical, Spiritual, Social, etc.) and maintaining life/work balance
- Practicing mindfulness or developing new systems for self-care that will prioritize your mental and physical health
- Fostering a support network to help you stay disciplined
- Attending to life’s challenges while staying focused on your academic goals
- Tracking your reinforcing moments and celebrating your wins
Packages are renewable according to your needs.
BOOK COACHING TRACKS
We can develop the practical framework wherever you are in your writing journey.
The aim is to enjoy the writing phase and to fully savor your prose or poetry.
- Twelve 50-min audio coaching sessions, either weekly or every other week
- One 15-min call for brief wins, challenges, or goals, every month (6 for regular and 3 for expedited )
- In between sessions, clients are encouraged to reach out to me via emails and text messages for quick questions, wins, challenges, or ideas to develop further in our sessions.
These are meant as supplements to and not as substitutes for our 50-min coaching sessions. If I feel that the questions might be better tackled during our sessions, I will guide clients toward those calls.
As a book coach, I love lending my editorial services to writers to help them achieve the most out of their coaching sessions.
A hybrid package (book coaching & editorial services) will depend on writers’ needs. In general, a hybrid model doesn’t only focus on coaching (helping writers establish a practical framework that turns their ideas into manuscripts) but it also includes giving clients writing advice specific to their project.
In other words, the hybrid model includes review services of up to 3,000 words for fiction or 6 poems.
- If you seek a hybrid model, we will customize a plan together before getting started.
- Otherwise, regular and expedited coaching packages cost: 720 KD (60 KD per session).
- If we decide on a package of sessions, you will need to pay your invoice in full prior to our first call.
- If we decide on a monthly retainer arrangement, please process the payment on the 1st of each month.
- Pre-paid session work never expires. If you decide to pause session work before we’ve completed the number of sessions you’ve paid for, you’ll be able to use them at a later date.
- I accept payments through PayPal, bank transfer, and Upayment.
- Please budget for this investment.
- I do not accept late payments. Please make certain funds are available.
The aim of a coaching relationship is a dynamic forward moving energy as client and coach focus positively on the client’s own goals and visions.
WHAT IS COACHING?
Coaching is a co-creative relationship.
There’s no authority figure – no dependence.
Both the client and the coach use all their knowledge, experience, skills, and intuition to problem solve on the client’s behalf.
As a support system, coaching provides the client with:
- An accountability partner
- Safe opportunities for meaningful dialogue
- New perspectives and expanded options
- Inspiration and motivation
- Potential solutions
- Next steps and strategies for a balanced future
Coaching is an investment, not a necessity.
Nobody needs coaching.
However, anyone can benefit from coaching if they choose it for themselves. This requires understanding the relationship between client and coach as co-creators.
Coaching becomes successful when clients show up to sessions intending to expand their awareness regarding a particular agenda they have set beforehand.